St. Swithun's Church, Worcester
About St. Swithun's Church
Rebuilt except for its Tudor tower in 1734-36, St Swithun’s is, inside and out, a stylish and almost unaltered example of early Georgian church architecture, with few equals in the country. It has all the furnishings of its time including font, 1795 organ by the Gray brothers of London, box pews, west-end gallery and altar; but most notable are an elegant three-decker pulpit, under its wonderful tester surmounted by a gilded pelican feeding her young, alongside is the mayor’s pew and ceremonial sword rest. Nothing is incongruous and high quality workmanship prevails throughout.
Under Eighteen: No restrictions
Address & Directions
St. Swithun's Church